[openssl-users] QNX cross-compiled openssl with fips

Piotr Łobacz piotr.lobacz at radmor.com.pl
Thu Apr 2 06:58:21 UTC 2015

Yeah i have tried with it and modified it. But mine problem is that i am
cross-compiling. I have used incore to generate digest and it works with
qcc and i386-pc-nto-qnx6.4.0-gcc. But with i386-pc-nto-qnx6.4.0-g++ and
QCC which is for c++ it does not work it generates bad digest. What is a
problem because i have to use a machine with qnx to run the compiled
code to get the proper digest and than recompile with it, what actually
works because i've tested it.

Dnia 2015-04-02, czw o godzinie 02:34 -0400, Jeffrey Walton pisze:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:19 AM, Piotr Łobacz <piotr.lobacz at radmor.com.pl> wrote:
> > Ok finally my app is working and compiled with c++ compiler but the
> > problem persist because elf incore is bad for QNX apps compiled with g++
> > or QCC compiler. It generates bad digest. Even incore2 generates bad
> > digest, and i dunno why that happens. Any suggestions?
>
> You might try fipsld++
> (https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Fipsld_and_C%2B%2B). Its for
> handling C++ compilers.
>
> I'm not sure why the various symbols are not exported with extern "C".
>
> I don't recall trying it with a cross compile, though. It may work, it
> may not work. Either way, it may give you some ideas.
>
> Jeff

Piotr Łobacz

Biuro Systemów i Oprogramowania

RADMOR S.A.

tel. (58) 6996 929

e-mail: piotr.lobacz at radmor.com.pl

www.radmor.com.pl

RADMOR S.A., ul. Hutnicza 3, 81-212 Gdynia

NIP: 586-010-21-39

REGON: 190432077

KRS: 0000074029 (Sąd Rejonowy Gdańsk-Północ w Gdańsku)

Kapitał zakładowy wpłacony: 9 282 830 PLN