[openssl-users] Getting Apache to Recognize New OpenSSL Install

Cathy Fauntleroy cathy.fauntleroy at vdtg.com
Mon Apr 6 15:34:50 UTC 2015

Hello Users,

I am in need of some assistance/documentation.  My current setup is:
Windows 2008 R2, Apache 2.2.25 w/OpenSSL 0.9.8.  I need to enable TLS1.1,
1.2 but understand that 0.9.8 does not support those protocols.  So, I
installed OpenSSL 1.0.2a and made system environment mappings to the CNF and
CFG files.  The install was successful but Apache is not recognizing the
updated OpenSSL version.  I am not very familiar with the intricacies of
configuring this product.  Can anyone tell me how (or point me to
documentation) I can get Apache to recognize the updated OpenSSL
installation?

Thanks.