[openssl-users] Disable SSL3 and enable TLS1? / Ambiguous "DES-CBC3-SHA"

David Rueter drueter at assyst.com
Tue Apr 7 01:58:25 UTC 2015

James, thanks for the reply.

At this point I am using compiled Windows binaries, and am running a compiled Windows application that uses the SSL DLLs.  The Windows application does let me specify a cipher list, but I do not have source to that application to re-build.

I don’t think that in this situation I am able to call SSL_CTX_set_options.

I guess I might be stuck if I can’t use the cipher list to disable SSL3 while leaving TLS1 enabled.  Not the end of the world, but not ideal.

Sincerely,

David Rueter