[openssl-users] Can openssl be build on Redhat?

Yoom Nguyen yoom at misoccer.us
Fri Apr 10 15:02:59 UTC 2015

I am having so much problem building 1.0.2 on an Redhat 7 EN OS.
I cam compile with the following options.

export CFLAGS="-fPIC"
./config shared no-ssl2 no-ssl3 --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl

When I ran the:

make test

I received the following errors.

/usr/bin/ld:  cannot find -lssl
make[2]:  *** [link_app.gnu] Error 1
make[2]:  Leaving directory '/opt/software/openssl-1.0.2a/test'
make[2]:  *** [bntest] Error 2
make[2]:  Leaving directory '/opt/software/openssl-1.0.2a/test'
make[2]:  *** [tests] Error 2

Can openssl 1.0.2 be build on Redhat 7 EN?
If you know any trick to work around Redhat's build dependency please share.

Someone have mention perhaps, I am missing the openssl-dev packages.
I have search and could not find it any where and what to do with it.
Redhat has it for download but the RPM is make specific for their early version of openssl 1.0.1

Thank you