[openssl-users] Can this Errors be ignore?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 22:57:21 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Yoom Nguyen <yoom at misoccer.us> wrote:

> Can the following error to be ignore?

The self tests are important, and I probably would not ignore them.

> I received the following errors after ran     make test:
>
> /usr/bin/ld:  cannot find -lssl
> make[2]:  *** [link_app.gnu] Error 1
> make[2]:  Leaving directory '/opt/software/openssl-1.0.2a/test'
> make[2]:  *** [bntest] Error 2
> make[2]:  Leaving directory '/opt/software/openssl-1.0.2a/test'
> make[2]:  *** [tests] Error 2
>
> I am trying to compile 1.0.2a on an Redhat 7 EN OS.
> I compile with the following options.
>
> export CFLAGS="-fPIC"
> ./config shared no-ssl2 no-ssl3 --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl
>

> Any suggestion or advice will be much appreciate.

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PWD:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
    make test

You may have the same problem with the openssl program after
installing in it /usr/local/openssl. It appears RUNPATH is not set:

    $ readelf -d /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl | egrep "(RPATH|RUNPATH)"
    $