[openssl-users] DTLS without sockets (or at least an unconnected socket)

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 18:45:23 UTC 2015

Is it possible to use DTLS with some sort of non-socket BIO?

Basically, I have datagrams which I know belong to a specific DTLS
session, and I want to feed them to OpenSSL and get back further
datagrams to send out in response.  (This is similar to what SSLEngine
does in OpenJDK, except there it's for plain TLS.)

An example how to establish a DTLS session with multiple peers over an
unconnected socket would help, too.