[openssl-users] How to find patches for a particular OpenSSL version?

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Wed Apr 22 23:27:34 UTC 2015

> I am currently using openssl 1.0.1e (compiling from source), and I was wondering whether I needed to put in any patch files with it as well. Does anybody know? Let's assume I can't just use a later version's tarball.

There are no patch files.  Letter releases, 1.0.1f, 1.0.1g, etc., are only bugfixes.  You could read through the commit log, find which changes fixed bugs that you care about, get those commits, and apply them by hand.  Ugh.  That's going to take a very long time.

You should reconsider your assumption.

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
IM: richsalz at jabber.at Twitter: RichSalz