[openssl-users] Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0 (WS-Security 2004)” Signature Value

John Vollaro cppcoder411 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:10:47 UTC 2015

What OpenSSL command is required to generate a proper
“Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0 (WS-Security 2004)”
Signature Value

I have the following  guidelines in generating the SignatureValue

<BinarySecurityToken u:Id="*****"
ValueType="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-x509-token-profile-1.0#X509v3
"
EncodingType="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-security-1.0#Base64Binary
">
CERTIFICATE</o:BinarySecurityToken>

I have a self signed .p12 and/or .pem Certificate file to use in the
encryption.
I have the string that needs to be encrypted as the SignatureValue.

I suspect that since the Value type is X509v3 that this is a clue on how to
generate the Signature.

I am trying to build a Web Service client within a C++ application which
uses OpenSSL for encryption and
gSOAP to implement the SOAP protocol.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks