[openssl-users] Encryption and Decryption using ECC based certificate private/public key pair

Jayalakshmi bhat bhat.jayalakshmi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 04:54:43 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I am working on a project where there is need to encrypt and decrypt
certain data using certificate public/private key pair. So far we were
using RSA based certificates. OpenSSL provides good number of API's for RSA
based encryption/decryption operation.

Now we are planning to support ECDSA based certificates also. I am not able
to find any encryption/decryption API's in EC context.

I wanted to know are there any encryption/decryption API's using ECDSA
based public/private key pair. Or is there any sample code I can look into.

Thanks and Regards
Jayalakshmi