[openssl-users] How do I uninitialize OpenSSL properly?

Alexander newcomer83 at web.de
Tue Apr 28 17:49:51 UTC 2015

Unfortunately this didn't solve my problem, but at least I narrowed it
down. The leaks are caused by my call to
"SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations", which is essentially
"X509_STORE_load_locations".

I found that function in x509_d2.c and I find it suspicious that this
function invokes exactly 4 function calls and leads to 4 memory leaks.
Therefore I assume that I need to undo all of these function calls when
exiting, which are:
- 2x X509_STORE_add_lookup
- 1x X509_LOOKUP_load_file
- 1x X509_LOOKUP_add_dir

How can I clean up everything those 4 functions allocate?

Cheers
Alex