[openssl-users] Debugging a compile issue

Dr. Stephen Henson steve at openssl.org
Sat Aug 1 21:52:12 UTC 2015

On Sat, Aug 01, 2015, The Doctor wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 04:15:16PM +0000, Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 01, 2015, The Doctor wrote:
> >
> > > A few weeks ago, I overloaded my server and compiler and
> > > now I get
> > >
> > > signed content test streaming BER format, 2 DSA and 2 RSA keys, no attributes: OK
> > > signed content test streaming S/MIME format, 2 DSA and 2 RSA keys: verify error
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >
> > > Stop.
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >
> > > Stop.
> > >
> > > How can debug and rectify the situation?
> > >
> > > I do need to move forward.
> > >

> > I answered this a while back.
>
> Sorry for missing the inital reply.
>
> > You should have some files called cms.err and
> > cms.out in the test directory. What is in them?
> >

> cme.err file
>
> ls: error initializing month strings
> Error reading S/MIME message
> 135072992:error:0D0D40D1:asn1 encoding routines:SMIME_read_ASN1:no content type:
> asn_mime.c:440:

That's weird, what kind of system is this? Not sure what is causing that ls
error. There should also be a file test.cms created which is 6879 bytes long
for that test on my system. The only immediate possibility I can think of is
that the file isn't written to properly for some reason (disk full?).

Steve.