[openssl-users] FIPS 140-2 casualty list (continued)

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Tue Aug 11 20:05:28 UTC 2015

If you don't know or care what FIPS 140-2 is then heave a big sigh of
relief and move on.

Over a month ago[1] I noted that the four typographical errors from the
CMVP "execution" of the "hostage" platforms[2] had still not been corrected.

Ten weeks have now passed, and not only are those typos still present
but I'm told by our test lab that the CMVP has stated they will
deliberately remain uncorrected until the oldest of our pending "change
letter" submissions is accepted (2.0.10; a 2.0.11 change letter is also
pending). That could take months still; in the past change letter
approvals have taken as long as six months.

That connection makes no sense at all to me, but it's not the first time
I've been completely befuddled.

-Steve M.

[1] https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-users/2015-July/001706.html
[2] http://openssl.com/fips/aftermath.html