[openssl-users] CBC ciphers + TLS 1.0 protocol does not work in OpenSSL 1.0.2d

Jayalakshmi bhat bhat.jayalakshmi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 11:31:23 UTC 2015

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot for the response.

Is your application a client or a server? Are both ends using OpenSSL 1.0.2d?
If not, what is the other end using?
>>Our device has both TLS client,server apps. As client, device
communicates with radius server, LDAP server etc.As server device is
accessed using various web browsers.
Hence both the end will not be OpenSSL 1.0.2d.

How exactly are you doing that? Which specific cipher are you seeing fail?
>> We have provided user option to select TLS protocol versions similar to
the browsers. Depending upon the user configurations we set the protocol
flags (SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1,SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1_1, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1_2) in the SSL
context using SSL_CTX_clear_options/SSL_CTX_set_options.
>> We have provided user option to chose ciphers as well.
All these are in the application space,no changes have been done and they
have been working good with OpenSSL 1.0.1c. Only the library is upgraded to
OpenSSL 1.0.2d.I have used AES256-CBC and AES128 CBC ciphers and with both
the ciphers issue is seen.

Are you able to provide a packet capture?
>> Please find the attached traces for server mode.
What O/S is this on?
>>This is built for WinCE and Vxworks

Regards
Jaya