[openssl-users] sign sub CA issue

Mohammad Jebran imjebran at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 06:18:24 UTC 2015

I have to sign a sub-CA through my current root CA using openSSLeverything
I have configured as per instructions but still getting an error that
"stateorProvanceName field needed to be the same" As mentioned below.

*root at machine:~/ImportantCACerts/intermediate# openssl ca
-configopenssl.cnf -extensions v3_intermediate_ca -days 3650 -notext -md
sha256 -in csr/subca2.csr -out certs/subca2.crt*

*Using configuration from openssl.cnf*

*Check that the request matches the signature*

*Signature ok*

*The stateOrProvinceName field needed to be the same in the*

*CA certificate (HK) and the request (HK)*

*Thanks & Regards,Jebran.*