[openssl-users] How can I set up a bundle of commercial root CA certificates? (FAQ 16)

Ben Humpert ben at an3k.de
Sat Dec 12 21:50:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

so if I understand you correctly you want to create one file that
contains more than one CA certificate and can be installed onto
Windows, Mac, etc.? You only can do that if you create a p12 file and
that must contain a leaf certificate and its private key.

openssl pkcs12 -export -in out/X.crt -inkey out/X.key -chain -out out/X.p12

You can check the openssl pkcs12 help for more arguments.

Best regards,

Ben