[openssl-users] CBC ciphers + TLS 1.0 protocol does not work in OpenSSL 1.0.2d

Andy Polyakov appro at openssl.org
Tue Dec 15 16:02:56 UTC 2015

> 1. With compiler optimization disabled, OpenSSL 1.0.2d function worked
> as it is.

Another indication in favour of compiler bug is that it worked when you
added printf. It's similar to quantum physics when by measuring you
force particle to specific state. But understand me correctly. I'm not
saying that quantum physics apply in this case, it's just a *fun* way to
look at it. As compiler doesn't know what printf does, it's forced to
normalize value for "measurement". Same essentially applies to
volatilization. I mean variables declared volatile are meant for
*external* consumption/"measurement".