[openssl-users] FIPS_check_incore_fingerprint: fingerprint does not match

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Wed Dec 23 01:58:22 UTC 2015

On 23/12/2015 01:26, Marcos Bontempo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting this error when call the function FIPS_mode_set(1):
>
> error:2D06B06F:FIPS routines:FIPS_check_incore_fingerprint:fingerprint
> does not match
>
> Does anybody know how to correct it?

You forgot to run the special "FIPS" linker script on your
application, which sets the value of that fingerprint based
on the load address and relocations of your application.

Note, that this means that the design of the FIPS module
security policy is incompatible with ASLR on almost every
operating system having that feature.

Enjoy

Jakob