[openssl-users] using openssl to create PKCS#7/CMS on windows

Srinivas Rao srirrao at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 13:30:27 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Is there a way to use openssl to sign data using a private key (on USB
token) and produce PKCS7 output on win32, if:

a) the data to be signed message is not touched yet and goes as input
to the solution to the answer to this problem, OR

b) signature is already generated, i.e message is hashed and signed
and only needs to be encoded in PKCS7,

If yes, for which of the above case and how (please give some pointers
on how to go about it).

Thanks
Srinivas