[openssl-users] AES-GCM failing from Command Line Interface

Sec_Aficionado secaficionado at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 14:09:02 UTC 2015

Ah, thank you! I tried a lot of things and was very frustrated. I wish the documentation reflected that. I'll see if I can contribute by updating it.

Regarding AES-GCM from the command line, or PHP bindings, is that something that any of the OpenSSL components support? I think EVP is the intended way but there are no PHP bindings, only C from what I can tell.

As a bit of background, I need to send an encrypted token to a client, which will return it when communicating back with the server. I need some form of authenticated encryption for that and OpenSSL seems like a perfect fit.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my mobile