[openssl-users] FIPS methods and symlinks

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Wed Feb 25 13:29:10 UTC 2015

On 02/24/2015 10:26 PM, Tom Francis wrote:

> Steve Marquess: Is the document (which IIRC, you published back
> before the first validation) on how/why the FIPS Object Module was
> coded still available somewhere?  If so, that’d probably be a good
> starting point for people who post questions like this.  It’s
> certainly not something that’s easy to figure out if one doesn’t
> already have an idea of what’s going on. :)

Hmmm ... that's a long time ago (over a dozen years) and TBH I have no
memory of that document. If you can recall a file name or some
distinctive content I could search for it in our extensive internal
archives, but that early history is extensive and convoluted so I doubt
I could find it otherwise. For that first validation it took a lot of
false starts to eventually stumble into an approach the CMVP considered
acceptable.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess