[openssl-users] Generating large DH parameters

jack seth bird_112 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:35:09 UTC 2015

I am trying to generate a 16384 bit DH file for testing purposes.   Is it necessary to have a '.rnd' in existence before trying to generate this file?  I generated one which took 4 days to do but the computer had a .rnd file.  I am currently trying to generate another on a system WITHOUT the .rnd file and it has been going 3 WEEKS so far.  Did I just get lucky with the first DH file and it really can take this long (or longer) to make this file or does openssl really need the .rnd file to do this?