[openssl-users] OpenSSL FIPS (0.9.8) coexisting with non-FIPS (1.0.1)

Nou Dadoun ndadoun at teradici.com
Mon Jan 19 17:42:28 UTC 2015

The scenario that we're contemplating is having FIPS based on 0.9.8?? coexist with 1.0.1?? so the remapping at runtime would have to account for api differences within the two.  This was really the upshot of my question.

But I think I'm still a little confused about the FIPS-certification of OpenSSL 1.0.1??, I remember reading that some of the FIPS power on self-test requirements precluded a general FIPS certification, is that the case?  What is the status of FIPS OpenSSL certification?  (Is this written up anywhere?)

Thanks again ... N