[openssl-users] HMAC-MD5 OpenSSL 1.0.1e and FIPS 2.0.7

John Laundree JLaundree at zoll.com
Tue Jan 20 20:33:05 UTC 2015

I want to use code like the following while in FIPS mode....

const EVP_MD *md
md = EVP_md5();

so I can call  HMAC()

unsigned char *HMAC(const EVP_MD *evp_md, const void *key, int key_len,
                                          const unsigned char *d, size_t n, unsigned char *md,
                                          unsigned int *md_len);

It appears that OPENSSL_NO_MD5 is defined so EVP_md5() is unavailable...
I am new to openssl/FIPS and was wondering if there was another way to generate a HMAC MD5?

Thanks in advance.

jl