[openssl-users] missing default /usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf causes failure on AIX, warning on all others

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 16:06:47 UTC 2015

On 23 January 2015 at 15:04, Michael Wojcik <Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com>
wrote:

> [...]
The real problem isn't with openssl the utility. The problem (and it's a
major one) is that this behaviour occurs when using openssl as a library
and causes the application using openssl to terminate. This is appallingly
bad practice for a library.

> [snip
>

> Probably someone who's particularly bothered by this should submit a patch.

There's been a patch that's been ignored in the bug tracker for ages to at
least minimise this problem on Windows by treating EACCESS the same as
EPERM to handle the case of removable disks.

Regards

Rich.