[openssl-users] libtlssep

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 09:51:01 UTC 2015

On 30 June 2015 at 14:55, W. Michael Petullo <mike at flyn.org> wrote:

> and a research prototype at:
>
> https://www.flyn.org/projects/libtlssep/
>         The libtlssep website.
>
> We would love to hear any constructive comments you might have, and would
> be interested in hearing about any possibility for future collaboration.

​I like the concept of using priv sep. :-)

I haven't had a chance to look at your code properly, but one thing I
noticed from a quick read through the docs was that you're relying on
passing fds to t
lssep_connect
​() that will make it impossible for people to write code that works
through proxies (HTTP, socks etc.) unless you build support into the
library itself. An abstraction along the lines of BIO that provides for
working on buffers would really be needed for this use case.

​Cheers

Rich.
​