[openssl-users] Alternatives to flat text file database back-end?

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Wed Jul 1 18:13:39 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 01:38:28PM +0300, Ikonta wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Possibly stupid question:
> The default and only known for me OpenSSL database format is flat text file (afair index.txt in default openssl.cnf).
> Was ever suggested an idea to provide some alternatives (maybe relational (SQL) database server, or sqlite, or LDAP)?
> What can I read (or at least what keywords use to search) about it?

You might want to look at:
https://pki.openca.org/
http://www.ejbca.org/

Others are:
http://xca.sourceforge.net/
tinyca (website doesn't seem to work anymore, it's probably not
what you want.)

There is also https://github.com/letsencrypt/boulder, but that's
probably not what you're looking for.

Kurt