[openssl-users] Old "RSA_NET" key format

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Wed Jul 8 19:00:15 UTC 2015

> That's an overly general criteria, and may be the source of your mysterious marauding of the APIs.

Well there was no intent to be mysterious although I like the alliteration.  We did mention it in the roadmap (https://openssl.org/about/roadmap.html) .

Things are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and I have often gone to the mailing list first.

> while the original eay DES API is only invokable from code that knows about it, and would thus not need to be removed for lack of use/testing.

I disagree with this viewpoint.  Suppose there's a bug in the eay DES API.  How would we know?  And since we only distribute source, who do we know who is using it?  And how do we prevent people from adding new uses of it?

I know you are unhappy with this part of the OpenSSL direction.

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
IM: richsalz at jabber.at Twitter: RichSalz