[openssl-users] Help with OpenSSL running on OSX

Matthew Donald matthew.b.donald at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:14:01 UTC 2015

One of Imapfilter's users is having problems verifying certificates.  They
are running Imapfilter on OSX, which I don't have access to.  In addition,
I understand that OSX runs a custom version of OpenSSL, which has changes
to the way certificates are verified.

Could someone help me debug the issue by telling me:

1. Does OSX use a certificates file (like other FreeBSD-style systems) to
hold trusted/root certificates, or does it use some other mechanism?
2.  If it uses a file, what is the file name
3. if OSX uses some other mechanism to store trusted/root certs, please
give a link to documentation on how it works.

regards
Matthew