[openssl-users] Old "RSA_NET" key format

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Thu Jul 9 21:18:19 UTC 2015

On 09/07/2015 23:09, Salz, Rich wrote:
>>>   OpenSSL is a critical part of security in too many places for us to take on any unnecessary technical debt.
>>> This is a somewhat empty argument as long as no one bothers to properly determine if a piece of code is a debt or an asset.
> I claim that we are being careful and doing the proper determination.  Consensus seems to agree.
However, it seems that your determination process goes
like this:

1. If you think you know, you don't ask anyone if they
   use the feature.

2. If you do bother to ask the customers if there is a
   "business case" for a feature, you still ignore all
   arguments as to why it is an asset.

Because both methods confirm your prior decisions, you
therefore conclude that you were always right in the
first place.

Enjoy

Jakob
--