[openssl-users] -Wconversion

Tanisha Fuentes m.j at mailbox.org
Fri Jul 10 18:05:34 UTC 2015

Hello,

I just compiled with openssl-1.0.2c with "-Wextra -Wconversion
-Wno-unused-parameter" and a got many (1251) -Wconversion-related
warnings. I checked few source code lines but haven't found something
mentionable. Still -Wconversion-warnings can be an indicator of conversion
bugs, which could affect the code correctness.

Is it planned to tackle the warnings, for example by checking the involved
code lines and (carefully) replace them by explicit casting to achieve
clean compiles when using stricter warnings?

Best regards,
M.J.