[openssl-users] openssl fips package for openssl-0.9.8zg

Jakob Bohm jb-openssl at wisemo.com
Tue Jul 14 19:06:41 UTC 2015

On 14/07/2015 12:35, Gayathri Manoj wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please let me know what is the compatible openssl-fips package for the
> 0.9.8zg version.

As far as I know you need to use the file

http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-fips-1.2.4.tar.gz

with the specific HMAC checksum specified in the applicable
FIPS security policy as securely downloaded from the US
GovernmentCMVP web page under the applicable certification
listing.

Once you have obtained and checked that document and file,
compile the downloaded file *exactly* as specified in the
securely downloaded security policy.

Only then can you start using the resulting fipscanister with
openSSL 0.9.8zg source code to create a fips-capable OpenSSL
library.

Enjoy

Jakob
--