[openssl-users] Can OpenSSL applications/utilities use SunSPARC crypto accelerators?

Aaron wangqun at alumni.nus.edu.sg
Thu Jul 16 01:43:26 UTC 2015

I checked utility 'openssl' built by my in solaris 11.1 and the default
'openssl' installed in Solaris 11.1. I noticed that my 'openssl' does NOT
have SPARC T4 engine support. This may be the reason why my 'openssl' is
much slower. Now the question is how to build 'openssl' to let it to have
SPARC T4 engine support. I checked the OpenSSL documents, but seems there
are no descriptions regarding to this topic.

1) This is the 'openssl' built by me on Solaris 11.1
ksol1% ./1.0.2d/normal/openssl/bin/openssl engine
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support
(4758cca) IBM 4758 CCA hardware engine support
(aep) Aep hardware engine support
(atalla) Atalla hardware engine support
(cswift) CryptoSwift hardware engine support
(chil) CHIL hardware engine support
(nuron) Nuron hardware engine support
(sureware) SureWare hardware engine support
(ubsec) UBSEC hardware engine support
(gost) Reference implementation of GOST engine

2) This is the default 'openssl' installed in Solaris 11.1
ksol1% /usr/bin/openssl engine
(t4) SPARC T4 engine support
(dynamic) Dynamic engine loading support
(pkcs11) PKCS #11 engine support

Anybody knows the answer please?

Thanks,
Aaron