[openssl-users] Size of OpenSSL ECDSA/DSA Implementation

Michaela Schoenbauer Michaela_Schoenbauer at gmx.at
Tue Jul 21 20:07:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm currently working on my Master thesis, and the topic is about ECDSA
implementations and DSA implementations in the context of small embedded
systems.

I'd like to try out OpenSSL but I'm not sure if I can configure it to be
small enough for the embedded devices I use.
For my purpose a custom built of the library should exclude all SSL/TLS
functionality and only include (a) ECDSA support and (b) DSA support in
another built.

Does anyone know how small I can make the OpenSSL library? May the
results be smaller than 10KB or which results can I expect?

If anyone already tried something similar or has some answers/hints I
would be thankful.

Michaela