[openssl-users] Warnings Compiling openssl 1.0.2d

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 22:20:04 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Salz, Rich <rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:
> If it's a simple matter of adding "=0" in the declaration, we should just fix the darn thing.

You know... if OpenSSL changes its policies so that C99 is the
baseline, then you get to initialize all variables when declared.

I think its the default for many compilers from either the compiler
build or the SPEC file. So its something that's broadly already in
practice. Its a small leap to codify it.

For the stragglers, I don't think its a stretch to ask C99 in 2015.

Jeff