[openssl-users] Warnings Compiling openssl 1.0.2d

Ken Goldman kgoldman at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 21 22:32:35 UTC 2015

It may be correct in this case, but "simple matter of" can sometimes
mask a real problem.  If the function expected the value to be set
earlier, but the analysis tool finds a path where it's not set, there
could be a more real bug.

Is zero the right value?  Why not, 1, -1, or 42?

=0 may be perfectly good in this case.  But beware of quick code fixes
to silence compiler warnings.