[openssl-users] Warnings Compiling openssl 1.0.2d

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 23:21:23 UTC 2015

>> For the stragglers, I don't think its a stretch to ask C99 in 2015.
>
> Visual Studio is often used on Windows, and it is not C99.

Oh my, I was not aware it was still struggling for C99 :) I guess
Microsoft is still putting their energies into the "one-size, tablet
interface known as Windows 8, fits all, even on desktops without a
touchscreen".

On the good side, MSVC does not need to be 100% compliant. It just
needs to support initialization at time of declaration. That
particular feature works.