[openssl-users] The openssl can verify certificate chain successful when no any root CA files

Jerry OELoo oyljerry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:40:54 UTC 2015

Hi,
I am using openssl 1.0.2 on windows. as on windows, openssl could not
use os's default root ca folder as on ubuntu (/etc/ssl/certs).

and I do not use X509_STORE_add_cert() to add any root ca certificate files.

But when I use X509_verify_cert() to verify certificate that I get
from some url (ex. https://www.google.com), I found it will return 1.
why it can be pass verified even I do not set any root CA files on
windows. As I thought, we need root ca PEM files to verify certificate
chain.

Thanks~

--
Rejoice,I Desire!