[openssl-users] cannot configure openssl-1.0.1n on Windows with msys --target already defined - (offending arg: mingw) -- the issue does not occur in openssl-1.0.1l and openssl-1.0.1m.

Avery A. Tarasov Avery.A.Tarasov at SecurityEngineer.Pro
Thu Jun 11 19:49:51 UTC 2015

The problem goes away if I comment out the "die" statement on line 942
from the "Configure" file:

         else
             {
*            #die "target already defined - $target (offending arg:
$_)\n" if ($target ne "");*
             $target=$_;
             }

Is the above safe and the correct fix?  Does the *$target=$_; *line
(#943) also need to be commented out?

Best Regards,

-Avery