[openssl-users] X509_verify() error - block type is not 01

Nayna Jain naynjain at in.ibm.com
Sun Jun 21 22:42:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am trying to verify X509 certificate against two private keys such that
atleast one of them it should match.
I used the API as

X509_verify(x509, pkey) where pkey is of EVP_PKEY type

However, for one of the private key it is failing with error "block type is
not 01"    // And this key is supposed to be matching the certificate.

and for other key it is failing with error "padding check failed"

Can someone help me to understand these errors and how to fix, even though
when I know the key with "block type error" does matches the certificate.

Thanks & Regards,
Nayna Jain