[openssl-users] Suggested way to add option to both SSL_CTX* and SSL*?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 23:14:11 UTC 2015

I need to add some functionality to the SSL portion of the library. I
need to control when the functionality is enabled, and I was going to
control it with a flag. (Existing behavior by default; option to
enable behavior on SSL_CTX*; option to override on SSL*).

I thought a SSL_CTX_ctrl and SSL_ctrl would be the way to approach it.
I looked at how SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list and SSL_set_cipher_list
operate, but they don't use SSL_{CTX}_ctrl.

What is the suggested way to control the functionality through a flag?