[openssl-users] [openssl-dev] X509_verify() error - block type is not 01

Nayna Jain naynjain at in.ibm.com
Mon Jun 22 03:27:08 UTC 2015

OK.. I think I understood this API wrongly then.

What will X509_verify() will verify if I pass it public key.

I mean in place of private key , if I try to match the public key than
rather than doing keys comparision, will passing the public key to this
API, help ?

I mean does it check the private key with which certificate was signed, or
the public key which this certificate signs.

Sorry, I think I am still bit not clear on purpose of the API.

Thanks & Regards,
Nayna Jain