[openssl-users] Create CMS signed data only with signature(not requiring data)

Rishi Pathak maverick.rishi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:51:17 UTC 2015

Openssl CMS command requires the actual data to be provided as an input for
creating CMS signed data type.

But what we have is only the signature and the certificate. Is there a way
to create CMS signed data without requiring the original document. What we
want is to only create and not sign as we already have signature on the
hash of the document.

One way we thought was to use genconf of asn1parse command, i.e. create
configuration file for CMS in the format required by it. But not much help
is available on that front.

Any thoughts, links are welcome.

--
-------------This message is sent with 100% recycled electrons-----------