[openssl-users] S/MIME Mails signed with SHA256 certificate and/or SHA256 Hash

Walter H. Walter.H at mathemainzel.info
Tue Jun 30 19:58:57 UTC 2015

On 29.06.2015 10:48, Jakob Bohm wrote:
> On 26/06/2015 21:41, Walter H. wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> has anybody got a reliable source or knowledge about which
>> mail clients - especially which Thunderbird release - should be
>> capable of verifying such mails correctly?
>>
> I believe GlobalSign has a knowledge base article
> listing this as far as they know.
>
> It is at
>
> <
> https://support.globalsign.com/customer/portal/articles/1499561-sha-256-compatibility>
>

> Enjoy

Thanks,

the reason why I was asking; there it shows, that Mozilla Thunderbird
above 10.x are capable of verifying such e-mails;
I recently got such an e-mail and it could not be verified; Thunderbird
has shown an error; the certificate used for signing that e-mail
also used an sha256-hash, too;
at work I had a client capable of sending sha-256 hash signed e-mails,
but only a sha1 cert; and that mail could be verfied without problems;

could someone please send me an email, where both the mail signature and
also the certificate have a sha256 hash;

Greetings,
Walter