[openssl-users] 1.0.2 FIPS help

Steve d steved499 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 15:05:51 UTC 2015

Hi,
We are trying to upgrade from 0.9.8 to 1.0.2 and it seems that the fips process has changed.

Based on the user guide if I can get the canister to build on any platform with no changes, I can make the the user affirmation from page 59 even if that platform is not on the supported platform list?
We need to build a 32 bit FIPS canister for some legacy code but we don't have any 32 bit hardware. The way I'm reading the section on cross-compiling is that I can set whatever environment variables I want to get the configure script to take the right branch as long as I don't modify it. If the resulting platform is not supported then I can add an affirmation to my documentation and be on my way?
Thank you in advance for your time