[openssl-users] How to make a rehandshake(renegotiation)?

Serj Rakitov rasjv at yandex.com
Sun Mar 8 20:42:48 UTC 2015

Hello

I want to test SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ/SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE.
I have client and server. Server is sending data to the client. Client is reading data.
After some bytes sent server initiates a rehandshake to cause SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE on client. But there is no rehandshake. On server SSL_do_handshake returns <0 and SSL_get_error returns SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ. And on client SSL_read returns<0 and SSL_get_error also returns SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ.

The code to rehandshake is:
SSL_set_session_id_context(...);
SSL_renegotiate(...)
SSL_do_handshake(...);
ssl->state=SSL_ST_ACCEPT;
//process SSL_do_handshake (WANT_READ/WANT_WRITE)

How to make a rehandshake from server side?

--
Best Regards,

Serj Rakitov