[openssl-users] Dynamic link openssl with Visual Studio

Ken Goldman kgoldman at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 11 16:24:37 UTC 2015

I would like to use the Shining Light precompiled openssl binaries
within Visual Studio.

I can dynamic link with gcc and the libraries in OpenSSL/lib/MinGW

I can static link with VS and the libraries in OpenSSL/lib/VC/static

When I dynamic link with VS and the libraries in OpenSSL/lib/VC, it
crashes on a call to PEM_read_PUBKEY(), and appears the stack is corrupted.

I believe that the libeay32MDd.lib matches the VS /MDd setting.  I tried
with and without applink.c.

Static link would not be the end of the world, but shouldn't it work?