[openssl-users] [openssl-announce] Forthcoming OpenSSL releases

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Mar 18 09:14:29 UTC 2015

On 18/03/15 07:59, Jakob Bohm wrote:
> (Resend due to MUA bug sending this to -announce)
>
> On 16/03/2015 20:05, Matt Caswell wrote:
>> Forthcoming OpenSSL releases
>> ============================
>>
>> The OpenSSL project team would like to announce the forthcoming release
>> of OpenSSL versions 1.0.2a, 1.0.1m, 1.0.0r and 0.9.8zf.
>>
>> These releases will be made available on 19th March. They will fix a
>> number of security defects. The highest severity defect fixed by these
>> releases is classified as "high" severity.
> Just for clarity in preparing to use the forthcoming
> update:
>
> Has the 1.0.1m source code been mangled by the script that
> made it near-impossible to port local changes to 1.0.2, or
> will it retain the same code formatting as in the rest of
> the 1.0.1 series?
>
> Similarly, will 1.0.0r be mangled or will it retain the
> same code formatting as in the rest of the 1.0.0 series?
>
> Similarly, will 0.9.8zf be mangled or will it retain the
> same code formatting as in the rest of the 0.9.8 series?

I prefer the term "improved" over "mangled"! ;-)

The answer is, yes, all branches (including 1.0.1, 1.0.0 and 0.9.8) have
been reformatted according to the new coding style.

It is perfectly possible, if a little fiddly, to reformat your local
patches to the new style. I have done so myself for a number of my own
patches. I included some outline instructions on how to do it in my
recent blog post on the reformat:

https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2015/02/11/code-reformat-finished/

Regards