[openssl-users] OpenSSL Compile Issues (and general knowledge questions)

John Foley foleyj at cisco.com
Fri Mar 27 20:05:09 UTC 2015

The 'make depend' regenerates the dependencies for the makefiles. The
dependencies will change depending on the configuration options you've
passed to OpenSSL.  If you're new to using GNU make, here's a decent
explanation:

http://make.mad-scientist.net/papers/advanced-auto-dependency-generation/

Your second question reflects a problem in the test/testssl script. This
script is largely unaware of most configuration options (e.g. no-ssl3).
This script is attempting to run the SSL3 unit tests even though you
have omitted support for SSL3 in the library.  You may want to open a
bug in the OpenSSL request tracker
(https://www.openssl.org/support/rt.html).