[openssl-users] QNX cross-compiled openssl with fips

Piotr Łobacz piotr.lobacz at radmor.com.pl
Tue Mar 31 10:41:12 UTC 2015

Ok i have finally managed to cross-compile openssl with fips for QNX
platform. What i did wass modifing the fipsld script not to input this
magical number[ $? -ne 42 ] && exit $? and the returned output of
"${FIPS_SIG}" -exe "${TARGET}" was saved in SIG variable, because this
line SIG=`"${TARGET}" tried to execute QNX compiled code on linux, what
is rather impossible, to get the returned digest and recompile the
target with it. Now with these little changes i was finally able to run
openssl fips cross compiled app on qnx and i can gladly say that it
works.

Dnia 2015-03-27, pią o godzinie 11:04 +0100, Piotr Łobacz pisze:
> Another problem is that compiled cross-compiled OpenSSL with fips should
> start in its own prompt but it only spews the expected signature and
> exits. I have modified fipsld scripts as shown in the manual and this
> does not help. Incore was used from the tarball but maybe i have to use
> some special modifications for QNX incore?
>
> Dnia 2015-03-26, czw o godzinie 08:46 +0100, Piotr Łobacz pisze:
> > Hello,
> > i have been able to cross-compile openssl with fips module and what i
> > want now is to use it within my project which is using C++. According to
> > the manual https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Fipsld_and_C%2B%2B i have
> > to modify fipsld to fipsld++. Everything works properly if i'm compiling
> > my own libraries which are being linked with static crypto.a but if i'm
> > going to compile some tests which are linking with those libraries i get
> > this error:
> >
> > /usr/lib/fips_premain.o: In function `FINGERPRINT_premain()':
> > /usr/lib/fips_premain.c:103: undefined reference to `FIPS_text_start()'
> > /usr/lib/fips_premain.c:116: undefined reference to
> > `FIPS_incore_fingerprint(unsigned char*, unsigned int)'
> >
> > According to the manual, problem occurs with C++ linker, but i have it
> > modified in fipsld++ so that now PREMAIN_DSO looks like:
> >
> > -x c "${PREMAIN_C}" -x none \
> >
> > and this does not help. On Linux with gcc this was helpful but on QNX
> > cross compilation it does not.
> >
> > I would be pleased if somebody could point me what am i doing wrong...

Piotr Łobacz

Biuro Systemów i Oprogramowania

RADMOR S.A.

tel. (58) 6996 929

e-mail: piotr.lobacz at radmor.com.pl

www.radmor.com.pl

RADMOR S.A., ul. Hutnicza 3, 81-212 Gdynia

NIP: 586-010-21-39

REGON: 190432077

KRS: 0000074029 (Sąd Rejonowy Gdańsk-Północ w Gdańsku)

Kapitał zakładowy wpłacony: 9 282 830 PLN