[openssl-users] Working with large DH parameters

jack seth bird_112 at hotmail.com
Mon May 4 14:00:21 UTC 2015

Thanks for the response.  Could you elaborate on why a larger size doesn't add security?  For the sake of discussion, lets ignore how slow it would be.  According to section 5.6.1 of http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-57/sp800-57_part1_rev3_general.pdf  you would need 15360+ bit to have security equal to AES256.   Is NIST wrong here?  If so, why?